Friday, March 24, 2017

Happy Birthday Monday

Monday, March 20, 2017

We are back to Monday with everything closed.  However, the show has moved to a sound stage for the next few weeks, so we had somewhere warm and dry and entertaining to go.  Well, warm is an understatement.  The exterior of the building is currently just one layer of cinderblock, but it is missing it's insulation and outer layer.  So it's only slightly warmer inside.  We kept on our coats and scarfs.  We got there in time to join the crew for lunch - good timing on our part. ;)

I wish I could talk all about the experience and share pictures, but alas, BYUtv has specifically asked us not to.  Boring.

What I can say, is that I had wondered if Adam had forgotten my birthday.  He didn't say one thing to me before he left in the morning and made no acknowledgment of it when we got there.  At one point, they were doing a shot where the camera panned around a line of actors to land on the 2 leads talking to each other.  We were all watching the takes through the monitor since the space they were working in was too small for anyone to stand in and watch.  On one take, as the camera panned around it stopped just before the 2 actors on Adam holding a bouquet of roses.  He shouted out, "Hey everybody, it's my wife's birthday today!"  Then everyone cheered.  I was so surprised!  The whole thing was caught on camera and at some point I think we'll get the footage.  So fun!

We were tired by the time we got home and Adam had a Facetime meeting, so we chose to not go out.  Instead we made up a quick batch of Fettuccini Alfred.  It was actually a fun and unique way to spend the day.


 This is the hallway to one of the bathrooms. It is covered in artwork - we wonder if its from past shoots.

 Watching the monitor - but we can't use a flash.
Maya Kendall, Jacob, Sarah and me

My birthday Roses

No comments:

Post a Comment