Friday, February 6, 2009

Thin Skin

Not too long ago Tyson was quickly offended by something another kid said and, being the sensitive mom that I am, I told him he needed to get "thick skin".

The irony came a few days later when I was getting ready in the morning and realized how thin my skin is getting - literally! I know that as I rapidly approach 40 that I need to be on the look out for gray hairs and wrinkles, but no one warned me about thinning skin! I can really tell now when I'm putting on make-up or lotion. My skin just feels different. There is less elasticity - you move the skin and it is slow to get back to where it belongs. Now I understand how gravity is able to have such a great effect on me.

Look out south pole, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I have really lovely thick skin on my feet. Does that count for something?

    ReplyDelete