Friday, February 27, 2009

Feeling Less

I have lately found myself just going through the motions of life without a lot of emotion. Is it because winter has kept me penned inside? Or is it the slowed economy that makes me scared to spend money, so I find I have become somewhat of a hermit knowing that for me: leaving the house = spending money?

Whatever the cause, I am feeling a small glimmer of excitement finally rising in me this morning as I begin to pack overnight bags for the boys. Back at Christmastime, when it felt easier to be generous with our means, we attended a Sub for Santa service auction in the single's ward where we bid on and won an overnighter at a cabin in Heber. Our splurge then is now coming at the exact moment when I need an outing to save me from this robot-state of emotions. I've always known there are great blessings for "doing unto the least of these," it had just never occured to me that the blessing of doing that would come at a time when I need help to stop feeling "less."

3 comments:

  1. I hope you had fun! I love heber. Jeff and I were in midway last night too, so maybe we passed you along the canyone somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Midway, too. We were up high enough to still be in the snow and it was beautiful! And the plus to it is that I now feel so much more able to be mom again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how did it go? Everyone needs a little get away at this time of year. Glad you found a glimmer....hang on!

    ReplyDelete