I am feeling so peaceful after a quiet day all to myself thanks to a kid swap day with my neighbor. After the usual rush in the morning to get kids off to school (it was pajama day at pre-school, which should have made the morning routine go smoother with one less child to dress, but that only added to the drama as he had to have the perfect pajamas to wear!) But by 9:08 they were all gone! I exercised, by myself. I showered without the door being opened 10 times, which lets out all the hot, steamy air. I actually got out of the shower into a warm room today! I had a leasurely breakfast and got to think about what I wanted to wear. I even curled my hair!
Then I was off to run a few errands and shop. I grabbed a movie at Red Box and a few groceries to make a yummy lunch, then sat on the couch with a blanket and my lunch and enjoyed "The Secret Life of Bees". I felt like a new woman!
Yet, in reality, if I had a day like this everyday I would feel so empty. My boys (all 3 of them) fill my life with the things that I truly want - love, laughter, adventure... And so I'll take the dirty laundry and dishes, and spend my days as taxi driver, nurse, chef and whatever else is called for.
But I will forever give thanks to my friend who made this day a gift - not just to me but to my boys who are grateful to have their happy mom back!
Christmas 2009
16 years ago
Yeah for you! My mom came to help this morning and I went and got a pedicure. You're right that you can't do it everyday, but every once and a while it certainly does rejuvenate Mommy!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! It sounds so nice!
ReplyDelete