Sunday, November 8, 2009

A Happy Halloween

Halloween is one of the busiest holidays at our house. Thankfully, Jacob was thrilled with the purchase of an "Obi Wan" Target special, but for Tyson I actually had to dust off my sewing machine and pattern reading skills. In the end, I managed to make a Gandalf wizard hat and I was quite proud of my accomplishment! But before we could jump into Halloween, we threw Jacob a Monster Mash birthday party. What Halloween would be complete without a house full of 6 year old boys!



Jacob's Monster birthday cake. Happy birthday 6 year old!


Trick or Treating with the Corbridges has become a favorite Halloween tradition. It began the year I broke my foot and I needed someone to take the boys around for me because Adam was out of town. The Corbridges came to my rescue and the boys had so much fun, we have done it the 2 years since then.


Hot chocolate at the Andrioli's was hands down the highlight of the evening. The boys begged to go back again about an hour later to "warm up" with another hot treat.

After 3 streets, Jacob and Jenna were happy to rest, enjoy their hot chocolate and head home.

The big boys, however, went on for a total of 3 1/2 hours of knocking on doors. Elaine and I decided it was ok to let them keep going because they were getting practice for their missions. Tyson made quite the haul - sugar headache here we come! (And of course, he had the flu by the next day, so that sugar just sat there not being eaten and tempting me for a whole week - help!)

2 comments:

  1. what a fun halloween! i love his monster cake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the cake! And the costumes are great, too. Don't you love the Andrioli's? They always make Halloween that much better.

    ReplyDelete