Monday, November 23, 2009

Our Two Turkeys

Tyson has been wanting to give the Family Night lesson for weeks, but keeps forgetting to plan it. This week he was determined to have his turn. After school he sat down at the computer and wrote out the play that has been in his mind. (That sure says something about what goes on in that little head of his!) It turned out to be one of our most memorable Monday nights ever!


Tyson's Play:

"Two Turkeys, A Farmer and A Narrator"


Narrator: there were two turkeys one was selfish and the other loved to give!

Turkey one: I’m selfish!

Turkey two : I love to give!

Narrator: so the turkeys lived happily in the barn yard together,

Then on thanksgiving a man came (the farmer no doubt ) so the farmer came and said…

Farmer: look we already have a turkey to eat but there are more turkeys coming so one of you has got to go , so we’ll have a little contest so here we go who wants to give up on of there fine old feathers?

Narrator: well turkey one held firm but the second said…

Turkey two: I will!

Farmer: okay please give me the feather, okay thank you very much, now who will give up and leave?

Turkey one : I won’t

Narrator: but turkey two said…

Turkey two: I will

Narrator: well the farmer was touched by this and he said…

Farmer: you can stay as for you turkey one you will have to go !

Narrator: well turkey two lived happily ever after but turkey one well let’s just say that he was dinner the next thanksgiving!


THE END




Together, Tyson and Jacob designed their costumes. Tyson came up with wearing red and putting on headbands, but was perplexed as to what to do for feathers. Jacob brilliantly suggested using Q-tips.
Gobble! Gobble!

6 comments:

  1. ROFL. Those are the moments I'm glad you write down and remember. The photo is fabulous! Q-tips are perfect. I love that they are both so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally random connection--you have a link in your blog sidebar to a Ditto Family--and I know TWO of her sisters-in-law! They are from this area originally.

    Small world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is actually a story about the selfish turkey that my Dad would read to us each year at Thanksgiving time. Each time the turkey learned a lesson, one of his brown feathers would turn a color. After he became an unselfish turkey, he had a full plume of colored feathers. Tyson's story makes me wonder if he has heard this story before.

    You've got great, creative kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wendy - We have that story and I feel pretty confident that that is where the idea stemmed from.

    Dianne - Julia Ditto was in 4th Ward (as Julia Selden). I used to babysit her!

    Tavia - I love having a place to journal with pictures. If anyone else enjoys what I write, then that's just a bonus. Someday I'm going to have to figure out how to print what I've written on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. L-O-V-E the q-tips. Creativity at its best! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute. Maybe one day he can write screen plays for his dad.

    We really need to get together! I have thought about foster care, but we'll probably have to move in the fall for David to get his doctorate, so it hardly seems worth getting started. I'm going to be 42 in April, so if we don't adopt by the time we move, we'll probably be done.

    ReplyDelete