Filming has been going all week and yesterday Jacob and I finally got to see the action. Unfortunately, Tyson couldn't join us. He woke up about 30 minutes after going to bed Wednesday night and threw up. Apparently, seven other guys on the crew did the same thing. But he's better today and back at it. He is in heaven working on set. I think he really may have a future in this crazy business. Jacob, on the other hand, would rather be anywhere then standing around on set. Most of the time he just wants to be at home. He left earlier on Wednesday with the Kendalls to come back home to our flat because he just couldn't stand to be there, but I stayed and watched through the end of the day.
Wednesday's location was about an hour out of Vilnius... and that's about all I can say about the shoot specifically. BYU broadcasting won't let me say anything more - where and who and what. So I'll just say, I love getting the chance to watch Adam work. Since he travels to do most of his directing jobs, it is not very often when I get to see him in action. It's pure joy to watch him in his element doing what he truly loves and is so good at.
What I can say is that it is a relief he is feeling good. A few months ago I never would have guessed he'd be well enough for these grueling shoot days. His medical treatments seem to be helping his body heal from the traumas of the past 6 months and he has had the physical stamina to keep up. Russ Kendall, our Kaleidoscope producer and friend, has been watching out for him, too - he got Adam his own trailer to rest in on these outside locations and assigned him a personal assistant who makes sure he eats and drinks regularly. When he gets home at night I have a snack ready for him so he can eat and then go right to bed. He is exhausted but happy at the end of each day.
My man on set getting ready for the next shot. It's almost the end of a 12 hour day, so he's tired.
A selfie of me freezing to death on location.
__________________________________________________________
They are closer to home today, so Jacob and I were able to walk to their outside location - a charming courtyard beside a 1600s church - to watch (Jacob watched, too - that is a movie on Adam's computer in Adam's trailer). We stayed through lunchtime, then walked back home to warm up. Yesterday was sunny, so it was bearable. Today it is cloudy, so it's just plain cold - especially when there is nothing to do but stand and watch. However, I will head back over in a bit and watch for as long as I can stand to.
The glamorous interior of Adam's trailer.



No comments:
Post a Comment